Tanning lotion and moisturizers = Dark tans faster
Nothing, except using tanning lotions for tanning is like using toothpaste for brushing your teeth. Without it, tanning is pointless.
Not all tanning lotions are created equal. So how does one choose the right lotion? Tanning lotions should be chosen based on one’s skin type and the desired goal. Indoor tanning lotions are generally broken up into the following categories. Please note, however, they can be mixed together to obtain that perfect bronzed glow!
The top three types of tanning lotions:
1. ACCELERATOR/INTENSIFIERS: These indoor tanning lotions are great for a beginning tanner with exceptionally pale or sensitive skin. Many of these have great anti-aging elements in them like CoQ-10. These lotions contain no DHA, no added color, and contain tyrosine and peptides to make the melanin rise in your skin.
2. BRONZER: These are by far the most popular tanning lotions on the market. UV rays activate the DHA these lotions contain. This lotion will keep tanning you up to 12 hours after a tanning session.
3. NATURAL BRONZER: This lotion contains added color to give immediate color. They will NOT continue to intensify the tan after the tanning session. They won’t streak.
Other types of tanning lotions:
4. TINGLE: This type of lotion will get you the darkest the fastest. Melanin rises the quickest with this type of lotion. This indoor lotion will stimulate your skin, causing it to redden and become irriatated. This effect can last for hours and result in an itchy feeling. If you have small children, these lotions can rub off on their skin with the same effects, so make sure you rinse off before touching them. Combine them with a good bronzer to ensure a beautiful, dark tan in no time.
5. FACIAL TANNERS: The skin on your face is thinner and more sensitive than the rest of your body and since fat tans faster, it is important to use a facial tanner to get the most complete tan. These lotions or non-comodegenic, not as harsh, and help prevent wrinkling.
What is your favorite tanning lotion that you are currently using? I just recently started using Ed Hardy Black Elixir and I am really diggin it. Here is the benefits of this one specifically:
- Nouritan™ Technology - A complex mixture of tanning activators and accelerators encapsulated within a delivery system that is designed to quickly penetrate the skin and stimulate Tyrosine activity to promote an even and long lasting, dark tan.
- Ideal Lift™ Technology - Improves elasticity and skin tightness while helping to fight against skin sagging.
- Body Fit™ Technology - Reduces the appearance of cellulite and restores firmness.
- Subliskin™ - provides an anti-aging and skin tightening moisture barrier.
- Extreme bronzing blend combines intense levels of DHA and natural bronzers as well as cosmetic bronzers to deliver an immediate healthy glow to the skin.